Change of Major
Effective Fall 2017, Albany Tech students are permitted to request a change of program no more than twice before the completion of a program.
- Your first change of major is free.
- Prior to completing the change of program process, the student must remit payment for the Change of Program at the Business Office Cashier's window.
- Students must obtain a Change of Major form from the Academic Advising Center in the Nathaniel Cross Building, room 160 or 161 with an Academic Advisor.
- The top portion of the form must be completed and returned to the Academic Advising Center for approval. A Career Evaluator will determine if all new program requirements have been met.
- The student must take the form to a Financial Aid Counselor to determine whether financial aid will cover the major change. Once approved, the student takes the form to the Registrar's office.
- The Registrar's Office checks applicable information and updates the Banner system based on the new program of study. If everything is approved, the student may register for classes in his/her new program of study. When changing a major, it will become effective the following semester.