Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG)
List of Recognized Accreditation Agencies
It is the responsibility of the applicant to find out if the high school is accredited by one of these agencies.
TCSG only accepts high school diplomas from secondary schools accredited by one of the following accreditation agencies. Acceptable accreditation must be in place when the diploma was granted. The following agencies are approved:
Regional accrediting agencies which include:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Northwest Accreditation Commission
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Georgia Private School Accreditation Council
- Accrediting Commission for Independent Study (note: ACIS merged with the Georgia Accrediting Commission in 2005)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Florida Council of Independent Schools
- Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
- South Carolina Independent School Association
- Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
- Distance Education Training Council
TCSG will accept a high school diploma from a public school that is not accredited by one of the above agencies but is regulated by a school system and state department of education.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to find out if their school is accredited by one of these agencies before applying for admissions. Applicants may want to seek help from the high school’s Principal or the Admissions Office to find out the name of the accrediting agency. Graduation from a high school accredited by one of these agencies is required for graduation from Albany Technical College.