The Service Line Coordinator, under general supervision, performs a wide range of clerical, support, and administrative duties of a responsible and confidential nature that support the Director and all service line management positions. The position performs administrative duties that support the effective operation of the service line, including budget tracking, processing information, participating in key departmental administrative projects, screening inquiries and requests, making meeting and travel arrangements coordinating schedules, etc. The position will also be responsible for performing chart abstraction, charge identification, and charge entry on all assigned accounts. Request service codes for new items used from the Charge-master analyst, and enter/remove charges identified for correct claim submission. Acts as a liaison between employees and management, and other departments. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations, as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 2 year / Associate Degree in business science (Preferred)
- 4 - 5 years Experience in administrative support position of increasing responsibility(Required)
- 2 - 3 years Relevant data entry experience in healthcare related field(Required)
- 2 - 3 years Experience in a hospital or managed care setting(Preferred)
- 1 - 2 years Experience in chart analysis, chart auditing, or chart abstraction(Preferred)