Preservation Mechanic Lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a 4 man crew
- Prioritize and assign specific equipment to be serviced to both teams on a daily basis.
- Coordinate occasional service trips to include lodging, travel, equipment transportation, and logistics.
- Inspect serviced equipment to validate compliance with CPAC orders and directives.
- Conduct daily and weekly Verification and Validation of Assessments and make appropriate corrections as needed.
- Create and submit a weekly Corrosion Production report using CPAC template and policy guidance.
- Review daily production reports.
- Conduct investigations and issue Employee Corrective Actions (ECA) when company rules and regulations have been violated.
- Interview potential candidates for all vacancies.
- Conduct initial and continual training of all personnel to ensure understanding of CST operations and servicing requirements.
- Coordinate with CPAC Field Service Representative (FSR) for equipment service schedule.
- Ensure daily maintenance and cleanliness of all GFE & CFE equipment.
- Ensure registration, insurance, etc. are current on CST vehicles.
- Order, receipt, and place into stock all CPC's required ensuring not to run out of any product prior to order arrival.
- Ensure contract remains compliant to the requirements outlined in the Semi-Annual CPAC Inspection Checklist.
- Monitor and submit employee time sheets.
- Minimum two years specific experience as a Corrosion Service Technician or comparable work experience.
- High School diploma.
- Demonstrated management, leadership, and communication skills (Oral and Written).
- Computer operating background, specifically in using Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and Access.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Possess knowledge of Marine Corps equipment identification and basic function.
- Background in equipment maintenance, servicing, and accountability.
- Familiar with Marine Corps CPAC Data Base.
- Familiar with CPAC V&V process.
- Familiar with CPAC Assessment procedures.
Effectively communicate orally with employees to realize production expected numbers while maintaining a high degree of quality of work.
- Adapt to environmental conditions to ensure work flow continues. (i.e., working in inclement weather, adjusting training when servicing cannot be accomplished, plan the week's service out to ensure a variety of equipment is serviced to achieve the maximum number of assets serviced, etc.)
- Promote and maintain high degree of morale and harmonious working environment.
- Meet all submission deadlines issued by the CPAC or Company Home Office.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to visit next scheduled units to verify numbers of equipment, working conditions, priorities of work, and any challenges or restrictions that may affect the team and plan accordingly.
- Attend in/out briefs when requested
- Work in inclement weather conditions as they occur.
- 2 or 4 Year Degree in a related field of work.
- 2-4 years holding and performing a management position in a related field of work.
- Possess NACE certification.
PTi is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer
Interested applicants can apply online at