Normal work shifts: 7:00am – 3:30pm
Pipe welders must be able to pass a 6G SMAW weld test and have experience (preferred 2-5 years min) within the pipe welding field. Individuals should possess basic knowledge within the field and will be required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment and perform various cleanup and housekeeping activities. Tasks will be under immediate supervision. Boiler & Steam Performance’s safety rules must always be followed.
Welders with certifications and/or have completed accredited technical programs will be considered even if the years of experience have not yet been obtained.
This job will require travel. Most travel is planned but there will be instances of “emergency” travel. Length of travel can vary from a few nights to weeks. Travel can be driving/riding or flying, a valid Driver’s License is required for this position.
Preferred skills, but not limited to the following:
· Read and interpret schematic drawings to determine work procedures and to ensure the proper placement and alignment of materials.
· Read and interpret weld procedures
· Application of basic math skills, (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals)
· Appropriately use mechanical charts, conversion tables, and other charts used in the welding industry.
· Ability to use pipe saws, cutting torch, wire brushes, grinders, & multiple types of welding machines
Possible Tasks to perform include, but not limited to the following:
· Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
· Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
· Lay-out, and align piping components to assemble structural forms
· Inspects completed welds for bead size and to determine structural soundness.
· Knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
· May use Gas-Metal Arc (GMAW), Flux-Cored Arc (FCAW), Gas-Tungsten Arc (GTAW), Submerged Arc (SAW), or Shielded Metal Arc (SMAW/MMA) welding processes.
· Will weld in 1G to 6G positions
· Ability to work within precise limits/standards of accuracy
· Ability to work at various heights
· Moves equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks. (BSP Internal Training)
· Must be willing to help maintain a clean, safe and organized work atmosphere and job site
· 40 hours per week minimum
· Must have own hand tools.
Pay and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Want to learn more about Boiler & Steam Performance? Give us a call at 706-453-2050 or visit our website at