Normal work shifts: 7:00am – 3:30pm
Pipefitters must have a minimal amount of experience (3-5 years) within the pipefitting field. Individuals should possess basic knowledge within the pipefitting field and will be required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment and perform various cleanup and housekeeping activities. Tasks will be under immediate supervision. Job responsibilities vary depending on experience and task at hand. All Boiler & Steam Performance’s safety rules must always be followed.
This job will require travel. Most travel is planned but there will be instances of “emergency” travel. Length of travel can vary from a few nights to weeks. Travel can be driving/riding or flying, valid Driver’s License is required for this position.
Preferred Skills, but not limited to the following:
· Read and interpret schematic drawings to determine work procedures and to ensure the proper placement and alignment of materials.
· Application of basic math skills, (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals)
· Ability to use pipe saws, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine, threading machine, pipe bending tools
Possible Tasks to perform include, but not limited to the following:
· Work with piping made from (but not limited to) copper, iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, and other alloy metals that are put together by precise cutting, threading, grooving (Victaulic), or bending.
· Appropriately use mechanical charts, conversion tables, and other charts used in the Pipefitting industry.
· Cut pipe using saws, cutting torch, and/or pipe cutting machine.
· Thread pipe using a pipe threading machine.
· Bend pipe using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.
· Secure pipe to structures with brackets, clamps, and hangers using hand tools and power tools.
· Fit, assemble, and install a variety of metal pipe and fittings appropriate assembly techniques.
· Ability to work within precise limits/standards of accuracy
· Ability to work at various heights
· Moves equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks. (BSP Internal Training)
· Must be willing to maintain a clean, safe and organized work atmosphere and job site
· 40 hours per week minimum
· Must have own hand tools. Major tools & equipment to be furnished by BSP
Pay and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.