Normal work shifts: 7:00am – 3:30pm
Shop helper is responsible for all job activities required to support production processes. These activities include but are not limited to: receiving, stacking, storing, shipping, and transferring of all material and supplies in the warehouse; material identification, and cutting steel, assist with inventory counts. Clean yard & shop area as needed also.
This job may require travel (after basic training is completed). Most travel is planned but there will be instances of “emergency” travel. Length of travel can vary from a few nights to weeks. Travel can be driving/riding or flying, a valid Driver’s License is required for this position.
Preferred skills, but not limited to the following:
· Appropriate use of tape measures and rulers
· Application of basic math skills, (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals)
· General use of tools (screwdrivers, drills, saws)
· Experience with the following is preferred: Forklifts Overhead cranes
Possible Tasks to perform include, but not limited to the following:
· Working under the direction of a journeyman P.F. to learn basic piping skills to become a journeyman P.F.
· Move materials around jobsites by lift trucks. (BSP internal training)
· 40 hours per week minimum
Pay and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.